February 17, 2014

New semester (MondayTalk #6)

As I anticipated, the break has gone by faster than the school year. I feel excited that this semester I get more into my specialization: economic informatics. This means that I will have a lot more subject for programming, which is AWESOME! I am so glad I don't have to learn silly things that I will not use ever.

This break I haven't done as much as I wanted. I did learn some things for a computer application for the ONG I'm in. This was fun. I love learning useful information that can help me in my future career. For my drivers licence I haven't done anything, I have to squeeze this in as soon as possible. I really want this summer to drive to my friends that don't live in my hometown.

Last week was relaxing, I got to paint and draw and sleep. This might be my most favorite thing to do when I have time. I didn't want the days to end. I felt so good.


There is a point in any students life that they realize that life is short and it will end. We will not be students for ever. We can't go to college for ever. Dreams are much closer. Back in high school employment, moving and being on our own was such a dream. I wanted to do so many things and visit so many places and go to parties, drink my head off. Nothing is as it seems though. Sometimes we need to wake up and smell the roses. We are not children anymore. We are 20 something years old. Next year I will have finished college and maybe moved away from my parents house. These thoughts make me stay up at night and make me feel sad. I wish there would be a pause button and for me to just enjoy everything I have and every experience. But, of course there isn't such a thing.

Time is such a precious thing. We can buy pretty much anything we would want except time. There is a cure for everything and anything except time. This is the saddest most hopeless and anxiety creating thought that I have been having for a while now. And it is like a vicious circle. The more I think about not having enough time, the more time I waist thinking of the time I have been thinking of how little time I have. It is a mouth full.

This is it for now. Can't wait to see how this week will go and see my new professors!

No comments:

Post a Comment