January 28, 2014

Healthy pasta (RecipeTuesday #4)

Lunch is the perfect time of day to load on carbohydrates because that is when your metabolism is at it's fastest. I love a nice plate of pasta at any time but because I am trying to be more health conscious these days I only eat carbs around 12-1 PM-ish so that I don't deprive myself of anything but not compromise my silhouette.

When pasta is all I can think of, I go for a more simple and less damaging alternative. 

This is what I use:


And this is what I do:









Et voila! This is my lovely pasta dish. It sure cures my carb craving but also stays on the healthy side. If you want, you could substitute the pasta with whole grain pasta. I usually use white pasta because I am use to it and I am lazy.

  




Good point
Very low in saturated fat
Very low in sodium
High in thiamin
Very high in vitamin B6
High in vitamin C

Bad point
Too damn good

No comments:

Post a Comment