March 3, 2014

Productivity( MondayTalk #8)

This week has been such a productive one for me. I went to classes, I did homework, and studied! And this isn't even finals week. I was very proactive, if I can say so myself.

I don't know what is it with this semester but I am more inclined to studying and doing my best. I love my professors(with some exceptions), love my classes and I am so happy that I get to learn two new programming languages( C# and Java). This is all very exciting.

On another note, I have a tone of project due very soon and I haven't even started them yet, which is sad. To tell you the truth, I feel like it's the third week of school and I should get moving and groovin'.

I applied for mandatory practice at some firms that are partners with my college which is kind of thrilling, to be honest. I can't wait to see if I can make the cut. There are a lot of students who have applied and I really hope I get in. The alternative is me finding a firm to intern for, on my own and that isn't an easy task. The good news is that two firms already answered me! I was so excited to read mails and a bit relieved, like I have a chance to do something and prove that grades aren't that important.

Going on the idea of grades in college, I have learned that it isn't important what your grade card says. The most important thing is for you to actually learn something. I have noticed a trend in my grades, and that is: if I love a subject (say C++), i will study for it and practice and learn quick. There are subjects that I hated and no matter how hard I tried, I still got low grades. In high school, it wasn't important if I liked a subject or not, it was way easier to get a high grade. What I am trying to say is that college is different. You get to a new level of learning and you actually get a chance to pursue what you like. 

This will be kind of a short blog entry. Although I have been very productive, it all revolves around college and studying. There is no point in me talking about my homework, however excited it might be for me. So this is it for this Monday Talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment