January 5, 2015

A new beginning

Last years was very eventful and busy and I sure hope this year will be the same. College, volunteering, travelling, getting my first job and parting it up were some of the most important things that I did.

The second year of college was stressful, but extremely fun. I had a lot of exams and projects and papers due but I managed to wrap them up nicely between going out and sleeping. And at the end of the day, I managed to finish pretty high in ranks. 

Volunteering had it's ups and downs. By the end of it all I didn't have any more time to spare. But I did learn a lot and met great people. The importance of communication, how to conduct yourself in an interview, how to put together a business plan and a well thought out CV are just a few of the things that I have learnt during this period.

This year I got to go back to Greece, my favorite country in the whole entire world! I went with one of my best friends to Zakynthos. It was wonderful! All the food, the drinks, the people, the culture were just breathtaking. If I could have, I would have stayed all summer there.

August 4th marked my first day at my first job. I was a customer data quality analyst at Oracle. I am so proud of how far I've come and I sure hope I can climb the corporate ladder nice and easy. I have learned a tremendous amount of things. The most important being the value of money. Before I didn't think twice about buying something or wanting something that I didn't necessarily needed. Now I feel like my decisions are more informed and I know how hard money comes by. In a sense, I feel like I have matured a lot during this experience. 

I did get parties out of my system...which can be seen as a good thing. I went out a loooot this year. It was definitely a learning process. Firstly of how much I can drink and dance in a night. The amount of cigarettes that it takes to not want to smoke again. The amount of beer it takes to get wasted. A good thing that came out of all this parties is that I have realized that sleep is very important and although I can bounce back faster from a wasted night, and I can function with a hangover, it is not pleasant to do so every day of the week.

All in all, it was a great year filled with lovely lessons and more painful ones, BUT I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have found people that I love and that hopefully love me back just as much, I have connected with old friends and even got a new boyfriend that I adore. I sure hope that at least half the moments from 2014 can be recreated in 2015. It has been a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment